The Lola Maverick Lloyd House, located in Winnetka is an exceptionally intact private residence constructed in 1920 and preserved by the same family since that time. Situated on a large lot which includes native trees, shrubs and wildflowers, the Lloyd House is conveniently located in a residential neighborhood within a short walk to public transportation and the Villageâ€™s many amenities. The Lloyd House presents a rare and exciting opportunity for prospective owners. Lola Maverick Lloyd was a tireless social activist who devoted much of her life to pursing global peace, and in February 2006, the Arts-and-Crafts style Lloyd House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places for its association with Lola. The stucco and board-and-batten-sided house was built by Charles Haag, a family friend who had emigrated from Sweden and partnered with Lola in the creation of the house. At the exterior, the house "â€¦has a picturesque configuration with an overall cottage-like form, a creamy yellow, turquoise" and barn red color scheme, many window styles and fanciful hand-carved and painted ornament. The lower portion of the house is stuccoed and painted creamy yellow. The upper portion of the house is finished with vertical board-and-batten siding painted barn red. The window frames, muntins and doors are painted turquoise. (National Register of Historic Places, 2006 Nomination). Haag, also a sculptor, modeled the Lloyd House carved-wood details and custom woodwork after furnishings and fixtures commonly found in Swedish houses. Other details in the house reflect Lolaâ€™s Texas roots, including a mural of her parents' Maverick Ranch (painted by noted WPA artist Dorothy Loeb, a friend of Lola) and an amber glass window in the living room, which allowed sun to stream through and simulate the "glowing light of Texas." Throughout the house, there remain intact original decorative features and color-schemes, including several painted murals, hand-carved wooden walls sconces and numerous wooden built-in shelves, benches and beds. The Lloyd House property also includes an early (ca. 1925) one-bay garage located east of the house. The Lloyd House retains a very high degree of architectural integrity, with the majority of its original features remaining intact. Thus, the property will be sold with a preservation and conservation easement which ensures the protection of the exterior of the house and garage as well as the major interior areas of the house. This property is looking for an owner who will love and respect its history but will make it their own.